If Muhammad will not go to the mountain, the mountain will come to Mohammed. The Terrible Twosome of Jaci Burton and Cheyenne McCray have decided to release me from my misery at being unable to stalk them all over the internets, and have come to the blog instead.
1. Favorite ice cream?
2. What’s your favorite meal to cook? And if you don’t cook, what’s your favorite take out food?
I love making spaghetti, because I make home made sauce and I think it’s fantastic.
3. Movies or Music?
Movies. I love watching movies.
4. Beach or mountains?
Beach. It’s too cold at the mountains.
5. Coke, Pepsi, 7 up, Dr Pepper or other?
Diet Dr. Pepper.
6. Flying or Driving?
I used to love flying. Now I can’t stand it. Long lines and for some reason flying makes me queasy. Driving is just fine with me, even if it does take longer. At least you’re in charge of when you stop and what you can pack and when you can eat.
7. Do you and your honey have pet names for each other? And if so, care to share?
Yes we do, and no I’m not sharing. Heh.
8. How long does it take you to write a book in your Demon Hunter series?
Because the plot and subplot for these books are so complex, it takes anywhere from 4 to 6 months to write these books and really sift through them for continuity to make sure they shine before I turn them in.
9. How do you come up with the names for your heroes and heroines? Do you do them yourself or do you get help?
Sometimes the names just pop right into my head. Sometimes I have to go to my friends for help, or use one of those baby name generators. Affixing a name to a character isn’t really all that easy. It just has to ‘fit’ the character, ya know?
10. Do you take vacations? If so, what’s your favorite vacation spot?
I love vacations, and I don’t get to take all that many. My husband and I often travel only for business, either his or mine. But I love anywhere that has an ocean and a beach. *sigh*
11. Out of all your books, what’s your favorite cover so far?
I have to say Out of the Darkness, because my husband and I are on that cover (and he’d be mad at me if I said otherwise. 😉 )
12. Tell us about Hunting the Demon. When does it release, who are the main characters and what’s the story about?
It released August 28th! Hunting the Demon is the second book in my Demon Hunter series with Bantam Dell. This one is Shay and Nic’s story, and it’s set in Australia. Nic is Derek’s brother (Derek was the hero in the first book) and the demon hunters are out to grab Nic and determine whether the demon blood within him is going to make him side with the evil Sons of Darkness or whether they can convince him to join the Realm of Light and fight against the demons. Shay is one of the demon hunters with secrets of her own, and those secrets reveal much about Nic, but she hesitates telling anyone what she knows because it reveals a lot about who she is.
Lots of secrets in this book, and it was tons of fun to write!
13. What’s the best way for readers to find you?
Email: jaci (at) jaciburton (dot) com (no spaces, and substitutions where appropriate)
Jaci’s giving away either a signed copy of Wild, Wicked and Wanton or Surviving Demon Island, winner’s choice! I think she’d know all about surviving, demons and all, because, you know, she’s survived moi. 😉