Stephanie V. Kelsey is Editor-In-Chief and COO of Mojocastle Press.
1. On a scale of one to ten, rank your current level of insanity–where ten is belongs-in-lunatic-asylum insane–and tell us why.
I have been cleared of all charges, and therefore can’t speak of the incident in question, per my lawyer’s instructions. Oh, you mean generally…probably about an eight. I’m functional, just very odd.
2. Why Mojocastle?
Carrie (Ed note: Carrie King is CEO of Mojocastle) had it already, and I liked it. It’s easy to remember and kind of fun, and original.
3. Do you feel freer as an editor now that you are a part-owner of your own e-publisher?
Yes, it’s about as free as it gets. I say thanks for my partners every day for believing in me.
4. Do you think that you’re a better editor, now that you have written and published several books yourself?
Other way around, I think. I think editing made me a better writer. Editing makes me a better editor–I’m always learning there.
5. What do you envision for Mojocastle Press in five years?
World domination. No, I jest, but we do want to cater more to the international market–I’m all about go USA, but the internet is so much bigger than that.
6. What should readers be keeping an eye out for from Mojocastle Press?
Translations into other languages. More new and different quality titles from very talented authors. And print, coming very soon.
Unfortunately, Mojocastle Press is currently closed to submissions. Please keep an eye on this page if you are interested in submitting to Mojocastle.