1. On a scale of one to ten, rank your current level of insanity–where ten is belongs-in-lunatic-asylum insane–and tell us why.
Um…May? I just found out I’m a part of a nefarious supernatural underworld where the battle between good and evil is literal. My already unraveling family life had been irrevocably obliterated, and my real father is some being made of thoughts and energy who is now out to kill me. Not to get bitchy or anything, but what do you think?
2. Your creator/scribe/author Vicki used to be a showgirl. Does she dance to your tune, or is it the other way around?
Vicki has a bit of a God-complex when it comes to the world of the Zodiac, and I can understand that; so much of a writer’s life is outside their control that it’s comforting for them to think they can control the work itself. The trick to dealing with her is to let her go ahead and think she’s in control; I’ll give her a plot point or two, follow her along for a couple of scenes – you know, throw her a bone now and then. It calms her down, and she ends up being unwittingly more receptive to my ideas, but in a nutshell? It’s just easier if she stays out of my way.
3. Joanna Archer vs Kim Harrison’s Rachel Morgan. Think you can kick her butt?
Psst … May. Rachel Morgan is a character. She’s not real. Duh.
4. Talking about kicking butt, what would be in your playlist to kick butt to?
Bodies, by Drowning Pool in specific; Godsmack; Korn, Nickelback, and NiN. The usual suspects.
5. Do you think other creatures of the night exist? Werewolves, vampires etc?
Not in my world. If they did, I’d have found them by now.