This is in honor of Jane saying that I live by the Mark Twain philosophy.
1. The Mark Twain philosophy: Whenever you find yourself on the side of majority, it’s time to pause and reflect.
2. I suppose it’s true. I like to argue.
3. And I like being the underdog. We shall see who can shout louder–probably me because I am loud. Not ladylike at tall.
4. Playing the devil’s advocate is fun.
5. I’ve a long and well-documented history of doing a different question from the rest. That is, given the choice of two questions, I’ll probably do the question less people do. This is without discussion, like in exams.
6. So I guess I do see things differently. That’s mostly a good thing. Unless, you know, you don’t want to get flamed–I’ve not gotten flamed before, and hope that I never will. But it might be fun. Fun is important to having a happy life.
7. I’d like to think that I do ask interesting questions to the authors who’ve been kind enough to let me interview them. Maybe 6 helps?
8. I’m very very honest. I’ll say the things people don’t want to hear, if I think they’ll listen. No point wasting my time and energy otherwise.
9. If they don’t like what I have to say, they can get lost. Or they can argue intelligently with me. I don’t mind. Ask Angie. I’ve not blocked her from commenting yet. *g*
10. And, well, to keep number 8 true, I think people are mostly
stupid irrational. This applies to me as well.
11. Therefore the majority is probably wrong, and why you should be on the side of the minority. Be the underdog!
12. This is why I like economics. In your little world, you’re right and everyone else is wrong. *g*
13. Gee. I’ve run out of stuff. Do you know that I’ve not actually read Huckleberry Finn? Or the book about Tom? Is it the same book? Yeah. My classics education is severely lacking.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!