1. On a scale of one to ten, rank your current level of insanity–where ten is belongs-in-lunatic-asylum insane–and tell us why.
One. I’m perfectly sane. Ninjas have to be. It’s Racy whose bonkers. I’d put her at an eight.
2. What was it like having Racy tell your story? Did she keep trying to make you say overly mushy stuff to Liz?
Racy had to learn many things. Such as the fact that ninjas don’t say mushy stuff.
3. Since I want to hear Ninja say mushy stuff, why is Liz the woman for you?
You’re almost as bad my sister.
Thanks Ninja! Joy’s my role-model!
4. Isn’t it wonderful having a sister? Joy sounds like the best little sister in the world!
Joy needs to stop stealing my bike. And she needs to stop dating losers.
5. Is there something about Aikido’s philosophy that appeals to you?
Aikido is about meeting aggression with mercy. It’s about blending with an opponent’s force and momentum, redirecting that power and using it against them, without hurting them. My father was an Aikido black belt, and it embodied who he was.
I practice it as an homage to him. But it’s not who I am.
6. So then what martial arts do you practice? What philosophy accurately reflects you?
I’m a shadow walker. I’ve studied them all. Use what works.
7. How is a shadow walker different from an ordinary ninja?
A ninja is a ninja. But shadow walkers can go anywhere there are shadows.
9. How about the far side of the moon?
Yes. But then there’s the problem of breathing.
10. Right. How does one become a shadow walker?
Lots of training, lots of focus. Having shadow walking in the genes, helps too.
11. Why aren’t you a part of the superhero organization, the Planetary Protection Agency (PPA)?
Ninjas don’t work well with others. Besides, I don’t wear spandex.
12. Now, if you’re not in the PPA, isn’t it difficult having friends who are?
For them perhaps. By law, they are supposed to bring me in.
I’d like to see them try.
13. Do you really think the Jorans invaded Earth because of the Demon Realm, or is it just some nefarious plot to invade Earth?
I don’t know why the Jorans invaded Earth. I let superheroes like Centurion worry about the Jorans.
I exist because the Snakehead Triad exists.
14. This is the important question. I’m Racy’s critique partner, and I don’t know the answer to this question: Who is Racy planning to send off to a Happy Ever After next?
I’m a ninja, not a psychic.
15. Come on, you can tell us. Is it Jasper? *looks hopeful*
That Cossack? He’s a fool. But knowing Racy, she won’t leave him and Lia alone.
Ninja is the star of Racy Li‘s fabulous debut from Loose-Id of the same title, which releases today! It’s a wonderful book, and if you haven’t fallen in love with him already, what’s wrong with you? *g*
Full disclosure: Racy is my critique partner.
And and and….there’s a contest! A lucky commenter will win a copy of NINJA if you comment before January 30th!